Using just enough filler to plump your lips, without overdoing it, and by making subtle changes in the lip, you can get fullness whilst also correcting the symmetry of the lips. The priority is to make the lips look as natural as possible, so that when you turn heads, it will be for the right reasons!
The ageing process brings a lot of changes to the face and body; forehead wrinkles, crows feet, laughter lines, circles under the eyes and thinning lips. lip shapes As we get older, the collagen breaks down and the lips can lose their definition.
Lip filler injections can solve these issues and give you youthful looking, plump lips, leading to:
- A nicer smile with defined edges.
- Thinning lips will appear fuller.
- A natural looking result, balancing out the rest of your facial features.
- Rediscovering your youthful lips.
- The corners of the mouth will turn upwards.
- Make-up will be easier to apply.
Our lips start slowly losing volume after the age of 16, which causes the V-shape of the upper lip to flatten, while the corners of our mouths slightly turn down. These changes occur as we age and start to lose both the collagen and elastin in our skin, when it diminishes over time.
Lip augmentation can add shape and volume to thinning or ageing lips using dermal fillers, whilst still maintaining a natural look. It’s important, after a lip enhancement procedure to follow the after care instructions to make sure that your results stay looking as good as they possibly can.
After care involves:
- Use an ice pack to numb the lips to lessen any swelling and tenderness.
- After the procedure, try not to touch your lips for at least six hours. Any rubbing, peeling or scratching can scar or cause irritation.
- Following the procedure, only use cold or tepid water to wash the lips. Do not use scented products or scrub or exfoliate the area.
- Perspiration can cause further irritation to the lips, so avoid strenuous activities.
- To lessen the amount of water that makes contact with the lips, apply a thin layer of lip balm to the lips.
Most people who have lip enhancement treatment want to get smooth, plump, wrinkle-free and youthful looking lips. Everybody’s face structure is different and so is their ideal lip shape and size. One thing we all want to avoid though, is an overdone lip with excessive plumping and a pursed appearance, and the last thing you want, is to end up with a trout pout.
Do you need help choosing a cosmetic procedure? We provide an extensive range of cosmetic procedures such as Botox, Vaser Lipo, Lip Augmentation, Dermal Fillers, Chemical Peels and many more treatments available to help create a younger, slimmer, more youthful looking you!